Crash Team Racing players forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crash Team Racing players forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inctr4everFeel free to improve it!

Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you.

Go down 
+2
ju4y8
bazoo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bazoo
Citizen
Citizen
bazoo

Male
Registration date : 2015-01-13

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Descripcion:

Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Empty
PostSubject: Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you.   Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Icon_minitime14/2/2015, 16:31

I have already posted on some topics, but I guess a should introduce myself anyway.

Hi, I'm bazoo, my real name is Nacho, I'm 21 years old and I'm from Valencia, at the east of Spain. I started playing CTR as a child, in one my friend's house. After that, my father got me a pirated copy, which featured a super cool cracktro/PAL-NTSC selector from Kalisto. CTR has been always my favorite videogame. I enjoy playing it even more every time, and it's one of the fewer games out there that make me furiously press the buttons of the gamepad 'till my fingers hurts, you know what feeling I'm talking about. I knew this site (& CTR4ever) existed since a few years ago, but never really challenged myself to beat my own times as hard as people around here does, and by the design of the site I though it was totally abandoned. But now I'm here, eager to learn the techniques to make the fastest times posible.

I play on an emulator for obvious reasons, upgraded visuals being the main of them, but also because of the ease of memory card management and because my old TV is has a small screen yet is bigger than my monitor, lol.

If someone wants to contact me, the best bet will be through Steam: my profile. Lately there're lots of bots trying to steal accounts, so if you add me, tell me that you come from here.

Alright, presentation done. Now I have some questions to break the ice, I'll make a new post about some of them... maybe...

Any plans on updating the design of the site ctr4ever?
The visual style is horrible and lacks of functionability in some parts. Some pages are incomplete or doesn't have any content at all and it's old overall Sad

Standards are going to be updated?
There are some standards that obviously doesn't count some 'new' shortcuts, most notable Hot Air Skyway, Oxide Station and Slide Coliseum. Anyone have though about this?

How do you deal with frustration?
What to do when you are doing great and something goes horribly wrong ruining your run?
Back to top Go down
https://javamagician.com/
ju4y8
Lord
Lord
ju4y8

Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you.   Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Icon_minitime14/2/2015, 16:52

Hi and welcome to the forum Very Happy Its cool when new people come here.

I dont know if joora think about the design, ctr4ever has enough problems with its database. However, alpha is the closest person to joora, he maybe knows.

If Im right, standars had been discussed before many times, but I don't know too much about this.

If Im doing a great run and I crash or something I get very mad xD But I try to calm down fast for the next attempt as Ive been adviced
Back to top Go down
alpha-plus
Baron
Baron
alpha-plus

Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you.   Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Icon_minitime14/2/2015, 18:44

bazoo wrote:

The visual style is horrible and lacks of functionability in some parts. Some pages are incomplete or doesn't have any content at all and it's old overall Sad
Joora was working on a completely new site with more functionalities, a project known as ctr4ever v2, but he gave up on the task, and it's unlikely he will spend much more time on ambitious things. the best we can ask him is to keep the site going.
bazoo wrote:

There are some standards that obviously doesn't count some 'new' shortcuts, most notable Hot Air Skyway, Oxide Station and Slide Coliseum. Anyone have though about this?
They probably won't be updated because surprisingly, a lot of players are opposed to this. I suppose an update could be done, however... This was one of the points which was discussed at the time the project of ctr4ever v2 was still going.
bazoo wrote:

What to do when you are doing great and something goes horribly wrong ruining your run?

I have an ant farm.

Whenever I get angry, I like to pretend that I am a blood-thirsty monster and I kill ants one by one, going on a murderous rampage. As I am doing this, I like to imagine that the ants that I've killed have families that loved them, and I rejoice at the thought of how much sorrow and despair I've caused unto their lives.
Back to top Go down
RedRanger
Lord
Lord
RedRanger

Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you.   Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Icon_minitime14/2/2015, 19:32

welcome and enjoy this sick forum, its liek a person with a terminal disease, and we're like antibiotics helping this person to feel good and extending its time to diE

alpha-plus wrote:
Whenever I get angry, I like to pretend that I am a blood-thirsty monster and I kill ants one by one, going on a murderous rampage. As I am doing this, I like to imagine that the ants that I've killed have families that loved them, and I rejoice at the thought of how much sorrow and despair I've caused unto their lives.

youre a monsteR
and maybe the same happens in this damned worlD..theres a being out there who is playing a videogame and whenever he fails at his video game he comes here and does what we see as earthquakes, storms that cause people to diE
Back to top Go down
bazoo
Citizen
Citizen
bazoo

Male

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you.   Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Icon_minitime14/2/2015, 23:13

alpha-plus wrote:

I have an ant farm.

Man, that's disturbing... You need psychological help.

About the site design, the best I can do is to change the stylesheet of the webpage. I've been working on it these last hours and this is what I got: Skin by bazoo Smile

What is this? Just a .css document. It is meant to be used with Stylish or some similar tool. Is not totally finished and only Firefox has been tested. It will change the color scheme as well as fix a bug regarding the width of the page(or at least it is supposed to, lol).
Back to top Go down
alpha-plus
Baron
Baron
alpha-plus

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you.   Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Icon_minitime15/2/2015, 07:15

sooo I guess I shouldn't tell you guys about my goldfish farm?

About site design, impressive work, considering you did all this without any guarantee that it's going to be used at all. I can share your work with joora, but I'm personally not convinced ctr4ever needs a new look.
Back to top Go down
bazoo
Citizen
Citizen
bazoo

Male

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you.   Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Icon_minitime15/2/2015, 08:47

alpha-plus wrote:
About site design, impressive work, considering you did all this without any guarantee that it's going to be used at all. I can share your work with joora, but I'm personally not convinced ctr4ever needs a new look.

Of course it's going to be used, at least by me. And thanks for the offering of sharing it with joora, but this stylesheet can be buggy(especially the header change), isn't finished yet and may not work on some browsers, so there is no need to bother joora with this skin... but tell him to work on ctr4ever2!! tongue .
Back to top Go down
alpha-plus
Baron
Baron
alpha-plus

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you.   Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Icon_minitime15/2/2015, 09:07

Oh!... I didn't know it worked like that, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Wrayder
Viscount
Viscount
Wrayder

Male
Pisces Rooster
Birthday : 1993-02-26
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you.   Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Icon_minitime15/2/2015, 13:24

Hahah, i still have that pirate CTR from Kalisto, but doesn't work b'cuz the disk have scratchs...
About the new ctr4ever site, i'm thinkin' about this for a long time... I'll contact my cousin to see if he is interested to help me with some .php codes (maybe take 1,5 years or more, a loooong project).

A site with new criteria for stantards and new modes for competition is one of the goals (like rank per versions, SL rank, rank per country, etc).
Imagine a GOD time in Crash Cove as sub 1'18''50 and 25"10 xD
Back to top Go down
http://ctr4ever.free.fr/player.php?pid=365
ju4y8
Lord
Lord
ju4y8

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you.   Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Icon_minitime15/2/2015, 14:07

bazoo wrote:
alpha-plus wrote:

I have an ant farm.

Man, that's disturbing... You need psychological help.

About the site design, the best I can do is to change the stylesheet of the webpage. I've been working on it these last hours and this is what I got: Skin by bazoo Smile

What is this? Just a .css document. It is meant to be used with Stylish or some similar tool. Is not totally finished and only Firefox has been tested. It will change the color scheme as well as fix a bug regarding the width of the page(or at least it is supposed to, lol).

Hey, thats a lot of codes xD Sorry if I sound ignorant but, how can I see how your design looks? I have to install that addon for Firefox or maybe I can see a preview online? Smile
Back to top Go down
bazoo
Citizen
Citizen
bazoo

Male

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you.   Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Icon_minitime15/2/2015, 14:45

I have made a new topic about it and posted some preview imagaes. Here is the link
Back to top Go down
RedRanger
Lord
Lord
RedRanger

Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you.   Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Icon_minitime15/2/2015, 19:29

alpha-plus wrote:

isnt that what every "ctr dreamer" did beforE¿ doing things for this community without a guarantee that it would be used at alL
u know, arsene, kang, gast(they say), joora, linkzer, amaraticandO...and i think the list finishes therE
this why i say we need more ppl like this boy bazoo, srslY-

pS: tell us about your goldfish farm jocolor
Back to top Go down
alpha-plus
Baron
Baron
alpha-plus

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you.   Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Icon_minitime15/2/2015, 19:38

well it's nothing really, but it's pretty expensive to keep up, what with the eating goldfishes every time I throw a fit.
Back to top Go down
ju4y8
Lord
Lord
ju4y8

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you.   Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Icon_minitime16/2/2015, 14:10

OMG alpha! xD
Back to top Go down
Dober
Archmage
Archmage
Dober

Registration date : 2013-02-25

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you.   Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Icon_minitime17/2/2015, 15:28

RedRanger wrote:
alpha-plus wrote:

isnt that what every "ctr dreamer" did beforE¿ doing things for this community without a guarantee that it would be used at alL
u know, arsene, kang, gast(they say), joora, linkzer, amaraticandO...and i think the list finishes therE
this why i say we need more ppl like this boy bazoo, srslY-

I would exclude Kang from that list.
Back to top Go down
http://linkzer.wix.com/misionesdenejo
bazoo
Citizen
Citizen
bazoo

Male

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you.   Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Icon_minitime4/3/2015, 15:02

Wrayder wrote:
About the new ctr4ever site, i'm thinkin' about this for a long time... I'll contact my cousin to see if he is interested to help me with some .php codes (maybe take 1,5 years or more, a loooong project).
Did you contact your cousin? I'd really like to see this happening.
I know some HTML, CSS & JavaScript, so I can try my best to do the frontend if you want to team up with me. And one and a half year is too much, lol, is not that hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you.   Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm bazoo, nice to meet you.
Page 1 of 1