Crash Team Racing players forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crash Team Racing players forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inctr4everFeel free to improve it!

ctr4ever identity

Go down 
+2
alpha-plus
Dober
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dober
Archmage
Archmage
Dober

Registration date : 2013-02-25

Estadisticas
Nice User:
ctr4ever identity Left_bar_bleue1000/1000ctr4ever identity Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Descripcion:

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime17/2/2015, 14:54

I've been asked to make a picture profile and cover for ctr4ever facebook page and I took advantage to redesign the current ctr4ever old and identity lacking logo.
The idea is to unify the graphic style of both sites, ctr4ever and CTRGamers, as they both are linked each other.
By the way, I haven't redesign ctr4ever's website, but I could do it if this graphic proposal is accepted.

Identity
ctr4ever needs a recognizable logo such as the current CTRGamers logo. Adding that to the unifying idea, I came up with the following design:

ctr4ever identity 29c6eyc

So you can use this as the profile picture. Or this 2nd version wich ressembles a bit the classic ctr4ever style:

ctr4ever identity 2q8vajo

The isotype (symbol)
As CTRGamers has its own recognizable isotype (the red "G"), ctr4ever should have one, so I took the strongest element of the logo, the "4".

ctr4ever identity 23jib76

A strong symbol, with sharp edges and turns. A symbol that aims to the top. Many CTR players can identify with that desription.
This symbol alone to represent the website.

Cover photo
I have two proposals of cover photos for the facebook page, the first one ressembles the videogame ctr4ever is about. The second one is a minimalist version just about the site.

v1
ctr4ever identity Nnuq0m

Preview:

v2
ctr4ever identity 5dqgp0

Preview:

Miscellaneous
CTRGamers colors on it:
Spoiler:

As being said, these proposals are about giving ctr4ever a new look and identity that everyone can recognize everywhere they go. A symbol that represents CTR professional players. These graphic proposals will eventually lead to a redesign of the website itself, but that is intend to be done later, if my suggestions are accepted of course.

If you have any idea, suggestion or criticism to give about these designs, feel free to type.

Last edited by Dober on 17/2/2015, 22:03; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://linkzer.wix.com/misionesdenejo
alpha-plus
Baron
Baron
alpha-plus

Registration date : 2009-02-15

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime17/2/2015, 15:36

Haha yes thank you LinkZer!!!! Please everyone give your opinion on what you think of these designs!
Back to top Go down
alpha-plus
Baron
Baron
alpha-plus

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime17/2/2015, 16:20

Ok I added it so we can see how it looks on the page, and LinkZer you need to move some stuff to the right, because the page title is hiding it.
Back to top Go down
RedRanger
Lord
Lord
RedRanger

Registration date : 2010-04-20

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime17/2/2015, 18:14

the design looks cool and i like the idea but you maybe can work a little more on the symboL
ctrgamers "g" is very unique and ctr4ever "4" is not that unique for mE

and fuck yes, the tittle of the facebook page is toooooooooo long it hides everythinG
Back to top Go down
Dober
Archmage
Archmage
Dober

Estadisticas
Nice User:
ctr4ever identity Left_bar_bleue1000/1000ctr4ever identity Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Descripcion:

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime17/2/2015, 18:35

alpha-plus wrote:
Ok I added it so we can see how it looks on the page, and LinkZer you need to move some stuff to the right, because the page title is hiding it.

How about this one then:

ctr4ever identity 5dqgp0

If there are any other adjustments needed, just tell.

RedRanger wrote:
the design looks cool and i like the idea but you maybe can work a little more on the symboL
ctrgamers "g" is very unique and ctr4ever "4" is not that unique for mE

and fuck yes, the tittle of the facebook page is toooooooooo long it hides everythinG

I know right? I'll see if I can work on a better version of that 4 in the next days. I'll update.
Back to top Go down
Dober
Archmage
Archmage
Dober

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime17/2/2015, 22:08

Updated. Check the original post.
The "4" is now more symbolic and one can play with its figure.
Back to top Go down
bazoo
Citizen
Citizen
bazoo

Male
Registration date : 2015-01-13

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime18/2/2015, 01:19

I like the idea of having a recognizable logotype, but I don't like design, no offense. Let me explain...

A '4' doesn't represent what CTR4Ever is. I would instead use a silhouette of kart, a chronometer, a podium or maybe a trophy or something like that. Something that people automatically relates with the purpose of the webpage just by looking at the logotype. It could be a lot of things, like a wheel sliding, a ghost, a speedometer, a checkered flag, an exhaust pipe, a kart engine, a N2O tank...

Back to top Go down
https://javamagician.com/
alpha-plus
Baron
Baron
alpha-plus

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime18/2/2015, 06:13

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ctr4ever-Crash-Team-Racing-time-trial-records-site/130050543705973

this is how it looks now.

Maybe it's a little bit too much on the right now, I don't know. I feel like the "official facebook page" bar could go a bit further to the left maybe. Details?

Instead of the black/gray background on the cover photo, I suggest to use the same background as ctr4ever page (the tire-y one that everyone likes and recognizes), because it represents ctr4ever a lot more than a bland background.

on the ctr4ever profile picture with the two yellow bars, I think the thickness of the yellow bars isn't right, it should be the same as the thickness of the yellow bars in the cover photo. That's why I didn't pick it and chose the ctr4ever without the bars instead. I think it's important to keep the same design elements between all pictures, so thickness of bars and colors used should be the same. BTW are you sure that you didn't use two different kind of yellows? Or maybe it's just because the thickness is different that it looks like two colors.

and the '4' looks a bit too minimalistic for a profile picture in my opinion, but it would look fine for a logo perhaps.

I think the cover picture idea is good (provided a few adjustments perhaps), but yeah maybe something better could be used as a profile picture/logo.

Give me your opinions/designs if you have any.
Back to top Go down
ju4y8
Lord
Lord
ju4y8

Registration date : 2010-12-18

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime18/2/2015, 12:18

I like it overall and Im agree with alpha, the bars of the profile pictures are very big xD And you should put the ctr4ever background too Smile
I dont know about the 4... It looks like a flag or an arrow xD
Back to top Go down
Dober
Archmage
Archmage
Dober

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime18/2/2015, 14:06

bazoo wrote:
I like the idea of having a recognizable logotype, but I don't like design, no offense. Let me explain...

A '4' doesn't represent what CTR4Ever is. I would instead use a silhouette of kart, a chronometer, a podium or maybe a trophy or something like that. Something that people automatically relates with the purpose of the webpage just by looking at the logotype. It could be a lot of things, like a wheel sliding, a ghost, a speedometer, a checkered flag, an exhaust pipe, a kart engine, a N2O tank...

ctr4ever was never attached to the Crash Team Racing imagery. The only images the site make us suppose it was about CTR were the head banners (Adamski's and mine). Text descriptions of the site were the real clue about ctr4ever's bussiness (Which I suggest should be reviewed). Personally I wouldn't try to attempt to make a logo which describes racing, times and that kind of stuff because, although its a records site, I feel it isn't the style ctr4ever aims to, and also because I already worked with the "4" themed style. Your suggestion may be right, but that should be another graphic proposal that I won't work out with.
By the way, it's not necessary that a logo tells the people what the site is about as you will see later in this post. A symbol is something abstract that plays with the emotional meaning rather than the logical one.

alpha-plus wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ctr4ever-Crash-Team-Racing-time-trial-records-site/130050543705973

this is how it looks now.

Maybe it's a little bit too much on the right now, I don't know. I feel like the "official facebook page" bar could go a bit further to the left maybe. Details?

Instead of the black/gray background on the cover photo, I suggest to use the same background as ctr4ever page (the tire-y one that everyone likes and recognizes), because it represents ctr4ever a lot more than a bland background.

Noted. This this should do the work I hope:

ctr4ever identity 308ay4i

Keep on mind that elements must be aligned with something else on behalf to maintain the esthetic beauty.

Quote :
on the ctr4ever profile picture with the two yellow bars, I think the thickness of the yellow bars isn't right, it should be the same as the thickness of the yellow bars in the cover photo. That's why I didn't pick it and chose the ctr4ever without the bars instead. I think it's important to keep the same design elements between all pictures, so thickness of bars and colors used should be the same. BTW are you sure that you didn't use two different kind of yellows? Or maybe it's just because the thickness is different that it looks like two colors.

They are the same yellow. Thickness makes visual illusions too.

Quote :
and the '4' looks a bit too minimalistic for a profile picture in my opinion, but it would look fine for a logo perhaps.

I think the cover picture idea is good (provided a few adjustments perhaps), but yeah maybe something better could be used as a profile picture/logo.

The goal is to make ctr4ever's new logo recognizable everywhere. This is a trend every important brand make with their logos and symbols. Symbolism is a strong visual language, where the more simplistic is the more memorable. This happens most of the times and are visual techniques used by big corporations:

e.g.:

So I wanted to make the ctr4ever logo something you can recognize even if you sort its elements as if you were playing with it, for example:

ctr4ever identity 2zyiszo ctr4ever identity 219ngk3

Being said that, I made the corrections noted and also I provide some more elaborated profile pictures:

ctr4ever identity 2drgk1f

ctr4ever identity 5cd008

symbol:
Back to top Go down
alpha-plus
Baron
Baron
alpha-plus

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime18/2/2015, 15:28

alright, looks good now, I don't have anymore complaints.

For me the 4 logo looks better with the dark gray background than with a lighter gray.

thanks for all the work!
Back to top Go down
RedRanger
Lord
Lord
RedRanger

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime18/2/2015, 22:20

you have a point with the symbolsim stufF
at least this 4 is looks better than the first onE
Back to top Go down
bazoo
Citizen
Citizen
bazoo

Male

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime19/2/2015, 17:47

I'm working on this illustration:
ctr4ever identity Ctr4everkart1
ctr4ever identity Ctr4everkart2

I don't like the result yet, feels like something is wrong, and I'm not sure of what. Dimensions? Whatever...

The text is just a placeholder but this is the basic idea.
Back to top Go down
RedRanger
Lord
Lord
RedRanger

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime21/2/2015, 00:54

mmM...i dont know what to saY
should the kart be smalleR¿ it looks like the name becomes a hindrance with that giant karT
Back to top Go down
bazoo
Citizen
Citizen
bazoo

Male

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime21/2/2015, 22:27

RedRanger wrote:
mmM...i dont know what to saY
should the kart be smalleR¿ it looks like the name becomes a hindrance with that giant karT
Something is wrong and I can't tell what. Maybe it's the wheels dimension... I'll play with the illustration to try to make it look right. And why do you always end your phrases with CAPS? It's annoying confuse

Now, tell me what do you guys think about this?
ctr4ever identity C4e
Back to top Go down
alpha-plus
Baron
Baron
alpha-plus

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime21/2/2015, 22:39

I still prefer LinkZer's design, because it's more sharp and edgy.

Also, I feel like blue doesn't belong to ctr4ever's colours. Orange would be better, and your yellow should be more pale and creamy.

There is yellow, orange, and a mixture of both in ctr4ever, but there are no real other colours.
Back to top Go down
bazoo
Citizen
Citizen
bazoo

Male

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime22/2/2015, 10:48

alpha-plus wrote:
I still prefer LinkZer's design, because it's more sharp and edgy.

Sharp has many meanings and I don't get which one you mean. Please, explain me with other words.

alpha-plus wrote:
Also, I feel like blue doesn't belong to ctr4ever's colours. Orange would be better, and your yellow should be more pale and creamy

About colors, as I said in my presentation thread, I don't like the design of the site, including colors, that's why I changed them. I think this is a great oportunity to starting making changes on the site design, so I started with the logo itself.

I picked up yellow and blue just because I was doing this design to fit with the kart I posted before, which has Crash's kart colors. And if I had to change them, I won't change the yellow on CTR because it is the color of the official CTR 'logotype'. The yellow used is almost the same color used in some of the borders of the webpage (Logo is #fb0 while borders are #fc0). That being said, I can tell you that Orange doesn't feel right combined with yellow because of the low contrast. Not #fc0 nor #fb0 (nor #ffc / #eeb from proofs background color and some text).

alpha-plus wrote:
There is yellow, orange, and a mixture of both in ctr4ever, but there are no real other colours.

Of course there are other colors, the ranking tables are purple, lol.
Back to top Go down
alpha-plus
Baron
Baron
alpha-plus

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime22/2/2015, 13:41

yeah, what I said about the colours was wrong, I didn't pay attention. I meant linkzer's design has sharp edges.
Back to top Go down
RedRanger
Lord
Lord
RedRanger

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime22/2/2015, 18:37

bazoo wrote:

Now, tell me what do you guys think about this?
ctr4ever identity C4e

i like this one better than your previous desigN...but to be honest it looks a bit monotonouS

bazoo wrote:
And why do you always end your phrases with CAPS? It's annoying confuse

as a wise player said oncE: because i caN
Back to top Go down
bazoo
Citizen
Citizen
bazoo

Male

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime25/2/2015, 11:45

This one better, alpha? I really like the overall look of the font and I don't want to chage it entirely, so I just cropped some parts to make it more 'sharp and edgy' while keeping the original look.
ctr4ever identity C4eWB2
ctr4ever identity C4Eb4
ctr4ever identity C4Ew4

RedRanger wrote:
So you choose to look like an idiot? ('____')
I though it was some kind of keyboard problem.
Back to top Go down
alpha-plus
Baron
Baron
alpha-plus

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime25/2/2015, 13:27

bazoo wrote:
This one better, alpha? I really like the overall look of the font and I don't want to chage it entirely, so I just cropped some parts to make it more 'sharp and edgy' while keeping the original look.
ctr4ever identity C4eWB2
ctr4ever identity C4Eb4
ctr4ever identity C4Ew4

RedRanger wrote:
So you choose to look like an idiot? ('____')
I though it was some kind of keyboard problem.

yes this one looks very good, much better than the banner which is on the site now.
Back to top Go down
RedRanger
Lord
Lord
RedRanger

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime25/2/2015, 13:28

i only look like an idiot to anyone who sees idiocy whatever they dont like iT
my keyboard has no problem, only yoU
Back to top Go down
bazoo
Citizen
Citizen
bazoo

Male

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime8/3/2015, 11:27

you stupid
_______

Well here are different versions of the same design with the resolution of the Facebook cover and avatar

ctr4ever identity Cover
ctr4ever identity Avatar

ctr4ever identity Cover
ctr4ever identity Avatar

ctr4ever identity Cover
ctr4ever identity Avatar
Back to top Go down
MISTRRLOVE
Citizen
Citizen
MISTRRLOVE

Male
Cancer Goat
Birthday : 1991-07-06
Registration date : 2015-04-08

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime22/6/2015, 06:55

What happened to that project? Updating the website seems to be a veeeeery good idea to get new players interested much more.
Back to top Go down
bazoo
Citizen
Citizen
bazoo

Male

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime22/6/2015, 13:08

I just don't have any website privileges, if I had, I would make the website appear a little prettier. But I don't have enough knowledge on back-end programming, so even if I get those privileges I probably will not be able to add any new feature, but definetly optimize the front-end.

Or we can just start from the ground and make a new website. Does anyone have any knowledge on back-end programming on this website besides joora? :C
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ctr4ever identity Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctr4ever identity   ctr4ever identity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ctr4ever identity
Page 1 of 1