Crash Team Racing players forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crash Team Racing players forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inctr4everFeel free to improve it!

Sup, people!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MISTRRLOVE
Citizen
Citizen
MISTRRLOVE

Male
Cancer Goat
Birthday : 1991-07-06
Registration date : 2015-04-08

Sup, people! Empty
PostSubject: Sup, people!   Sup, people! Icon_minitime8/4/2015, 03:57

Hello everyone,

my name is Dennis (nickname being "MISTRRLOVE") from Berlin, Germany & I have - as recent as saturday - bought an old PSX with CTR. I played Adventure for 101% all platinum relics, beat all Oxide ghosts & even beat all the cups on all difficulties (just for completion haha). Now I've started to look for a real challange & began opting to get my foot into competitive time trials. I stream my trys on twitch.tv/MISTRRL0VE if you're interested in helping me out or just watch me fail hilariously.

I started doing time trials yesterday & got some PBs on some tracks:

-N.Gin Labs: 2:19:77 (Expert D)
-Papu's Pyramid: 1:22:94 (Advanced B)
-Coco Park: 1:23:89 (Advanced A)
-Crash Cove: 1:22:24 (Hero D)

My first goal is to get into the first half of the Standards Chart (from Expert D to GOD) on every track, but there are still some shortcuts I'm not able to perform (Oxide Station, HAS & Polar Pass are the worst for me).

Also you could know me, if you're into competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee, as I'm one of the best known commentators for Melee tournaments in Europe. I'm also a top 100 EU competitior in Melee (currently ranked #86 out of roughly 3000 people), so I definitely know the struggle that comes with the grind.

I'm looking forward to become better in the game with your help & my dedication. I still have tons of questions, but if you have any for me feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
alpha-plus
Baron
Baron
alpha-plus

Registration date : 2009-02-15

Sup, people! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sup, people!   Sup, people! Icon_minitime8/4/2015, 17:41

Hi, I don't know anything about SSBM competitive community, but you made the right choice: CTR > almost any mario kart game (I really like mario kart ds though) in terms of the difficulty and advanced nature of the techniques.

We actually don't have a player from Germany who completed all his 36 times, so you could be the first to do that (of course that's not a very interesting objective but it's important symbolically). EDIT: I didn't see you posted your lap times too, never mind.

I hope you can achieve a lot more than that of course, and in CTR, reaching the top 100 doesn't require that much work (it's still hard though, but with the right techniques and the right version (anything but NTSC-U), almost anyone could do it).
Back to top Go down
MISTRRLOVE
Citizen
Citizen
MISTRRLOVE

Male
Cancer Goat

Sup, people! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sup, people!   Sup, people! Icon_minitime9/4/2015, 04:54

If you wanna get into Melee there's national communities all over the world pretty much. In Europe we've got the Swedes, Norwegians, Danish, Finnish, German / Austrian / Swiss, French, Italien (very small), Spanish & even Polish communities. The scene in the US is exploding, Japan has a decent scene as well & countries like Australia, Brazil, Chile & Puerto Rico, which are kinda remote from larger communities, there are several super solid players.

Anyway I've put my lap times in & already uploaded the two proof-pictures I had to send in. I hope the format is fine, I just took a snapshot with my cellphone.

I will most likely play again sunday in the evening & probably stream as well, if I figure out my freaking capture device (it seems to work differently every day). My next goal is to get in experts range on Blizzard Bluff & Dingo Canyon (course time). Afterwards I'll have to learn the SCs on HAS, OS & freakin Polar Pass.
Back to top Go down
ju4y8
Lord
Lord
ju4y8

Registration date : 2010-12-18

Sup, people! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sup, people!   Sup, people! Icon_minitime22/4/2015, 22:24

Welcome! Very Happy
Stelzig is (or was) a Melee player. But we have another one here too xD
Back to top Go down
MISTRRLOVE
Citizen
Citizen
MISTRRLOVE

Male
Cancer Goat

Sup, people! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sup, people!   Sup, people! Icon_minitime23/4/2015, 02:19

Oh yeah I know stelzig. We've met in tournament twice already & the score is 1-1 now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bazoo
Citizen
Citizen
bazoo

Male
Registration date : 2015-01-13

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Sup, people! Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Sup, people! Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Descripcion:

Sup, people! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sup, people!   Sup, people! Icon_minitime23/4/2015, 08:03

Welcome to the -probably one of the most dead- community Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://javamagician.com/
Sponsored content

Sup, people! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sup, people!   Sup, people! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sup, people!
Page 1 of 1