Crash Team Racing players forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crash Team Racing players forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inctr4everFeel free to improve it!

NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Empty
PostSubject: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime7/4/2009, 13:11

What are the differences?
Apart the weak penta in NTSC-US, there is a big difference: the height of the jump. In PAL penta and dingo jump at 023, while in NTSC-US and NTSC-J they both jump at 026. What does it mean?
Well, if u have PAL sure u noticed that sometimes, while making froggy (sewer, roo...) the kart stops froggying for a little and then restarts, although you still press R1, and it makes u lose SG. Well, this doesn't happen in NTSC versions. But let's see for each track what's the best version to use.
Crash Cove - NTSC (better froggying at the beginning)
Roo Tubes - NTSC (better froggying and it's easier to take peruvian jump)
Tiger Temple - NTSC. If you use luca's tech for SL, with penta penguin, it's a little easier to jump in the grass. Only problem is that it's difficult to make a good normal tech (no froggying at the beginning) because the jump in the grass is difficult to make well.
Coco Park - NTSC (perfect froggying with amara's tech and in the final)
Mystery Caves - NTSC. Here there's not a difference in froggying, but with NTSC u can make at 90% of the times the double jump in the first turbo pad after the downhill reaching SG.
Blizzard Bluff - PAL. With NTSC it's just impossible to make a SG in the 3 ramps, or take well the last SC
Sewer Speedway - NTSC (because of the final froggying)
Dingo Canyon - In theory NTSC should be better in froggying but the difference is very little, you can reach 1.23/26 with PAL too
Papu Pyramid - NTSC, it's a lot easier to jump in the grass and for lap the NTSC is perfect in the first froggying
Dragon Mines - Should be NTSC but I'm too noob in this track to say... Maybe djanmf can help me here
Polar Pass - NTSC just if you froggy for SGs, but the difference is small like in Dingo Canyon
Cortex Castle - Still to try luca's SG in the ramps, I don't know if it works or not
Tiny Arena - Still to try vivecrash's tech, should be easier to take it
HAS - A little better the NTSC, but it's difficult to take a decent uturn in the second SC. Very easy the megaSC and the last miniSC
NGin Labs Course - PAL, it's 90% impossible to take megapropulsion with NTSC
NGin Labs Lap - NTSC, if you get the megapropulsion you can earn 0.20 froggying after the blue tunnel, SG is mantainable until the rectilinear with the barrels
Oxide Station - PAL, better projectilling
Slide Coliseum - Exactly equal, maybe in NTSC it's a little easier to take the SCs
Turbo Track - NTSC, very good ultra ghost in the S turn

If you have something to add, just post here
Back to top Go down
qwerty
Faker
Faker
qwerty

Male
Virgo Goat
Birthday : 1991-09-09
Registration date : 2008-11-21

Estadisticas
Nice User:
NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Left_bar_bleue1000/1000NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime7/4/2009, 13:20

Yes i think the same!!! very good man !!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime7/4/2009, 13:23

V4E wrote:
What are the differences?
Apart the weak penta in NTSC-US, there is a big difference: the height of the jump. In PAL penta and dingo jump at 023, while in NTSC-US and NTSC-J they both jump at 026. What does it mean?
Well, if u have PAL sure u noticed that sometimes, while making froggy (sewer, roo...) the kart stops froggying for a little and then restarts, although you still press R1, and it makes u lose SG. Well, this doesn't happen in NTSC versions. But let's see for each track what's the best version to use.
Crash Cove - NTSC (better froggying at the beginning)
Roo Tubes - NTSC (better froggying and it's easier to take peruvian jump)
Tiger Temple - NTSC. If you use luca's tech for SL, with penta penguin, it's a little easier to jump in the grass. Only problem is that it's difficult to make a good normal tech (no froggying at the beginning) because the jump in the grass is difficult to make well.
Coco Park - NTSC (perfect froggying with amara's tech and in the final)
Mystery Caves - NTSC. Here there's not a difference in froggying, but with NTSC u can make at 90% of the times the double jump in the first turbo pad after the downhill reaching SG.
Blizzard Bluff - PAL. With NTSC it's just impossible to make a SG in the 3 ramps, or take well the last SC
Sewer Speedway - NTSC (because of the final froggying)
Dingo Canyon - In theory NTSC should be better in froggying but the difference is very little, you can reach 1.23/26 with PAL too
Papu Pyramid - NTSC, it's a lot easier to jump in the grass and for lap the NTSC is perfect in the first froggying
Dragon Mines - Should be NTSC but I'm too noob in this track to say... Maybe djanmf can help me here
Polar Pass - NTSC just if you froggy for SGs, but the difference is small like in Dingo Canyon
Cortex Castle - Still to try luca's SG in the ramps, I don't know if it works or not
Tiny Arena - Still to try vivecrash's tech, should be easier to take it
HAS - A little better the NTSC, but it's difficult to take a decent uturn in the second SC. Very easy the megaSC and the last miniSC
NGin Labs Course - PAL, it's 90% impossible to take megapropulsion with NTSC
NGin Labs Lap - NTSC, if you get the megapropulsion you can earn 0.20 froggying after the blue tunnel, SG is mantainable until the rectilinear with the barrels
Oxide Station - PAL, better projectilling
Slide Coliseum - Exactly equal, maybe in NTSC it's a little easier to take the SCs
Turbo Track - NTSC, very good ultra ghost in the S turn

If you have something to add, just post here

hmm... but f*ck ntsc, I won't download it.
Back to top Go down
LinkZer
Emperor
Emperor
LinkZer

Male
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Estadisticas
Nice User:
NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Left_bar_bleue1000/1000NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime7/4/2009, 13:28

ψ [ LinkZer ] ψ dice:
ψ [ LinkZer ] ψ dice:
xD
ψ [ LinkZer ] ψ dice:
ψ [ LinkZer ] ψ dice:
xD
ψ [ LinkZer ] ψ dice:
ψ [ LinkZer ] ψ dice:
xD
ψ [ LinkZer ] ψ dice:
you fail man
ψ [ LinkZer ] ψ dice:
why should i prefer a better froggy if i cant get a good time with the slooow penta?
Back to top Go down
http://linkzer.wix.com/misionesdenejo
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime7/4/2009, 13:33

LinkZer wrote:
ψ [ LinkZer ] ψ dice:
ψ [ LinkZer ] ψ dice:
xD
ψ [ LinkZer ] ψ dice:
ψ [ LinkZer ] ψ dice:
xD
ψ [ LinkZer ] ψ dice:
ψ [ LinkZer ] ψ dice:
xD
ψ [ LinkZer ] ψ dice:
you fail man
ψ [ LinkZer ] ψ dice:
why should i prefer a better froggy if i cant get a good time with the slooow penta?

is penta slow on ntsc-j ? didn't know that.
Back to top Go down
LinkZer
Emperor
Emperor
LinkZer

Male
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime7/4/2009, 13:42

I meant, V4E should specify for newbies.
Back to top Go down
http://linkzer.wix.com/misionesdenejo
leone93armato
Prince
Prince
leone93armato

Male
Taurus Rooster
Birthday : 1993-04-27
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime7/4/2009, 14:10

should i download NTCS version...???
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/leone93armato
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime7/4/2009, 14:16

Everybody knows that NTSC-J's penta is equal to PAL penta in speed...
And yes, NTSC-J version could help
Back to top Go down
qwerty
Faker
Faker
qwerty

Male
Virgo Goat

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime7/4/2009, 15:23

NTSC JAPONESE FOR ALL PLAYERS !!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9cj86D4M
Back to top Go down
leone93armato
Prince
Prince
leone93armato

Male
Taurus Rooster

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime8/4/2009, 07:29

thanks but some one explain me how to use that after downloading:

i know i've to put it on a CD...but i think i've to have a modified playstation...isn't it???
Back to top Go down
qwerty
Faker
Faker
qwerty

Male
Virgo Goat

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime8/4/2009, 12:12

Not work in all PS1, i try in a friend house and not work Mad , but in my PS1 work perfect.
You must burn with a software like Alchool 120% , if you dont use a burning software you neva go to play affraid
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime8/4/2009, 12:43

Yes, u need a modified PSX or PS2
Back to top Go down
qwerty
Faker
Faker
qwerty

Male
Virgo Goat

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime10/4/2009, 14:43

You can have very good times with penta NTSC-J in all tracks, for example i have :

Coco Park 1:15:91 , and Mystery Caves 1:54:89
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime11/4/2009, 13:12

qwerty wrote:
NTSC JAPONESE FOR ALL PLAYERS !!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9cj86D4M

how many time did you took for uploading it? Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
leone93armato
Prince
Prince
leone93armato

Male
Taurus Rooster

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime13/4/2009, 06:02

V4E wrote:
Yes, u need a modified PSX or PS2
maybe it's better if u explain me cleary how i have to do in italian section...(if there aren't problems for u) thanks afro
Back to top Go down
Wrayder
Viscount
Viscount
Wrayder

Male
Pisces Rooster
Birthday : 1993-02-26
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime18/4/2009, 10:15

Why the NTSC-J version, appear a Erro ?!?!
I Hate this !!
I play just 3 times!
Back to top Go down
http://ctr4ever.free.fr/player.php?pid=365
qwerty
Faker
Faker
qwerty

Male
Virgo Goat

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime18/4/2009, 14:04

I some plastations, appear a big STOP " you have a modificated ps1" an never can play....
Back to top Go down
qwerty
Faker
Faker
qwerty

Male
Virgo Goat

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime18/4/2009, 14:05

Wrayder wrote:
Why the NTSC-J version, appear a Erro ?!?!
I Hate this !!
I play just 3 times!

Why you dont use PAL? confused
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime19/4/2009, 06:29

When I try to run the NTSC-US sometimes, instead of PlayStation logo, 3 yellow triangles appear and the game freezes xD
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime20/4/2009, 20:19

V4E wrote:
When I try to run the NTSC-US sometimes, instead of PlayStation logo, 3 yellow triangles appear and the game freezes xD

3 yellow triangles? xD The Triforce? xD xD
Back to top Go down
leone93armato
Prince
Prince
leone93armato

Male
Taurus Rooster

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime22/4/2009, 07:11

V4E wrote:
maybe the trinity!?!?!?!?!? Suspect Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime22/4/2009, 09:20

No... It's like Sony logo divided in 3 parts
Back to top Go down
Wrayder
Viscount
Viscount
Wrayder

Male
Pisces Rooster
Birthday : 1993-02-26
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime22/4/2009, 16:46

LoL !!
Qwert i don't have the PAL version Sad
3 Triangles ?!?! XD
Back to top Go down
http://ctr4ever.free.fr/player.php?pid=365
qwerty
Faker
Faker
qwerty

Male
Virgo Goat

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime22/4/2009, 17:07

Wrayder wrote:
LoL !!
Qwert i don't have the PAL version Sad
3 Triangles ?!?! XD

If I send for you a site where you can download CTR PAL, and you burn it in a CD, you go to play blizzard bluff? cheers ....

Why you don´t do this before?
Back to top Go down
qwerty
Faker
Faker
qwerty

Male
Virgo Goat

Estadisticas
Nice User:
Descripcion:

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime22/4/2009, 17:11

V4E wrote:

In a old PS1 , (of my friend) apear a RED screen with a number of telephone and say " your have a modifield system"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J   NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NTSC-US / PAL / NTSC-J
Page 1 of 1